Academic advisors are a valuable resource to help you navigate EKU, and all the University has to offer. It is our goal to empower you to use the tools and resources to become independent, responsible learners. Every student is assigned an advisor. Who is my advisor?
This student checklist will provide you items interest as you get started at EKU.
Beginning with your first semester at EKU it is very important you learn to monitor your academic progress by:
- Following your course syllabi. Understand how your professors will evaluate your work.
- If your professor uses Blackboard, keep track of your grades. Make any necessary adjustments to continue to improve your work.
- Talking to your professors. Make an appointment or drop-in during their office hours.
- Midterm grades are posted in EKUDirect under Student Records.
In order to be successful at EKU your number one commitment must be your academics. We recommend you:
- Use EKU’s academic resources, including tutoring.
- Check your EKU e-mail at least once a day. Your EKU e-mail is the official communication of the University.
- Meet with your academic advisor on a regular basis.